Rate This Recipe
You'll never believe it...it's just this easy to create exceptional flavor! Serve the shrimp over rice or place individual shrimp in Chinese soup spoons and set them out as an hors d'oeuvre.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 pound large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined, with the tails left on
- 1/2 cup Amaretto
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Thinly sliced green onions, for garnish
- Salt & freshly ground white pepper
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan. Add the shallot and cook, stirring often, until it's tender and just beginning to turn golden, about 2 minutes. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Add the shrimp and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and add the Amaretto, then return the pan to the flame and cook for 1 minute more. Garnish with the almonds and green onions and serve.