APRICOT CHICKEN CURRY
Rate This Recipe
Our IN A JAM JAMS are available at Bristol Farms Stores in Southern California (or use your favorite Jam). And, Melissa’s Apricots, super-sweet right now, inspired this simple and spicy curry…Perfect served over aromatic Coconut Jasmine Rice.
- 8 apricots, pits removed
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons IN A JAM GINGER PEAR JAM or POMEGRANATE JALAPENO JELLY or your jam of choice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Juice and Zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons yellow curry paste
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- In a food processor, puree 4 of the apricots with the chicken broth, your jam of choice, the fish sauce, lime juice and lime zest. Cut the remaining 6 apricots into small wedges.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add the shallot and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring often. Add the curry paste and sauté for 1 minute more.
- Add the chicken and the apricot sauce and simmer until the chicken is cooked, about 6 minutes. Add the sliced apricots and simmer for one minute more. Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro. Serve on coconut jasmine rice.