Chef Jamie’s FARRO SALAD with Melissa's BEETS, TUSCAN KALE and GOAT CHEESE
Rate This Recipe
This salad packs a huge punch of flavor and lots of good-for-you vitamins and minerals to boost your body.2 cups farro
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 package Melissa's Cooked & Peeled Baby Red Beets, cut into bite size wedges
- 1 bunch Tuscan Black or traditional kale, tough ribs removed and leaves cut into thin shreds
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup good quality extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled fresh goat cheese
- Soak the farro in cold water to cover for 20 minutes. Drain and combine with the chicken stock in a medium, heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, then cover and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain the farro over a bowl so that you can reserve what's left of the cooking liquid, and set both aside.In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded kale with the garlic and lemon juice and toss for 5 minutes. Add the cooked faro, beets. Olive oil and salt and pepper and gently mix to combine. Crumble the goat cheese over the salad and serve warm.