CHILLED CUCUMBER SOUP
Rate This Recipe
This soup is so simple to prepare and immensely refreshing!
- 5 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 T. fresh dill, minced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- chopped walnuts, for garnish
- In a food processor, puree half of the chopped cucumbers, using the pulse button, until juicy, but not smooth. Empty the mixture into a large mixing bowl and add in the remaining ingredients, except for the walnuts. Remember to add the remaining chopped cucumbers! Mix well with a wooden spoon, then cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
- To serve, ladle into chilled soup bowls, and sprinkle with walnuts.