CITRUS SHRIMP BRUSCHETTA
Rate This Recipe
Sweetness and heat come together in this tropical crostini.
- 30 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 T. orange marmalade
- 2 T. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 t. ginger, freshly grated
- 1/4 t. hot sauce
- 1 8oz. loaf baguette-style French bread
- 4 oz. whipped cream cheese
- cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Cook the shrimp in boiling, lightly salted water, uncovered for about 2 minutes or until the shrimp are just cooked through and pink in color. Strain the shrimp from the boiling water and drop them into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain, cover and chill the shrimp. For the salsa: In a small mixing bowl, combine the pineapple, marmalade, cilantro, ginger and hot sauce. Set aside. For the toasts: Slice the bread into ¼ inch sliced. Arrange on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 425 degrees for about 10 minutes or until crisp and light brown. Be sure to turn the toasts once during cooking.
- To Serve: Spread each toast circle with cream cheese. Top with a cooked shrimp and a teaspoon of fruit salsa. Place the bruschettas on a cookie sheet and place under the broiler. Broil for 1-2 minutes to warm slightly. If desired, garnish each bruschetta with a cilantro leaf. Serve at once.