Rate This Recipe
Crisp and easy to handle, these offer a snappy blend of sweet and spicy flavors. Serve them with a crisp, cool sparkling wine, a fruity Riesling or a Sauvignon Blanc.
- 1/3 cup curry powder
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups Panko crumbs (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 pound large shrimp (14 to 18 per pound), shelled and deveined
- Canola or Grapeseed oil, for deep-frying
- Sweet Chili Sauce, for dipping
- In a shallow bowl, mix the curry powder, flour and salt together. In another bowl, whisk the eggs and cream together. In a third bowl, combine the coconut, bread crumbs, cayenne and dill.
- Dredge 4 shrimp in the flour mixture, then dip them in the egg mixture and coat them in the coconut mixture. Dip each shrimp again, into the egg mixture, then coat one more time in the coconut mixture. In a heavy skillet or deep fryer, heat 1 to 2 inches of oil to 375°F. Deep-fry the shrimp in batches until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain. Serve hot.