FRENCH POTATO SALAD
Rate This Recipe
Make this Potato Salad as part of my Salad Nicoise Recipe, as featured in my new Cookbook "Good Food for Good Times".
- 1 pound small white boiling potatoes
- 1 pound small red boiling potatoes
- 3 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 10 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced scallions (white and green parts)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Boil the white and red potatoes into a large pot of salted water for 20 minutes, or until they are cooked through. Drain the potatoes in a colander and allow them to cool. When cool enough to handle, cut in the potatoes in quarters and place them in a medium bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup (or more to taste) of the prepared vinaigrette to the potatoes while they are still warm and toss to coat. Allow the vinaigrette to soak into the potatoes for half an hour before serving. Serve the potato salad at room temperature.