GRILLED CORN & HATCH CHILE SUMMER SALAD
Rate This Recipe
The perfect topping for grilled chicken, tri-tip, salmon...or over tacos! You can even open up a bag of tortilla chips, make some Sangria, prop your feet up....and ahhhh, culinary contentment!
- 6 ears of sweet white or yellow corn
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 small red onion, small dice
- 2 roasted Melissa's Hatch Chiles, diced
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro or Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/2 yellow or orange bell pepper, small dice
- 2 small Heirloom tomatoes or 4 roma tomatoes, small dice
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- For the Vinaigrette:
- 4 cloves of roasted garlic
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons of your favorite nut oil, (hazelnut or walnut work best here)
- or Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Clean the corn of its husks and silk and rinse under water, then do not dry. Place the corn on the grill and grill for 5 minutes, turning once.
- Brush the corn with the butter and continue to grill, turning every few minutes, until golden all over and cooked through, about 10 to 15 minutes longer. Let the corn cool, then cut off the kernels. (Simmer the cleaned cobs in cream or chicken stock and make a chowder or soup!)
- To make the vinaigrette, using a blender, combine the roasted garlic cloves, vinegar, orange juice, honey and lime juice. Blend to combine. With the blender running on low speed, slowly drizzle in the oil to create an emulsified dressing.
- Combine the grilled corn, red onion, diced Hatch Chiles, cilantro or parsley, bell pepper and tomatoes in a large mixing bowl. Add dressing to taste and season with salt and pepper.