GRILLED GREEK SHRIMP in OUZO
Rate This Recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons ouzo or other licorice-flavored liqueur
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound extra large shrimp in shell
- 1/2 loaf thin baguette, cut into 1/2-inch wide rounds
- bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, ouzo and chili flakes and add the shrimp. Marinate the shrimp for at least an hour or up to 4 hours, refrigerated.
- When ready to grill, thread the shrimp on the soaked skewers. Brush the bread slices with the remaining marinade.
- Grill the shrimp and the bread slices until the shrimp are cooked through and the bread is toasted on both sides.