PUFF PASTRY TRUFFLE PEARS
Rate This Recipe
- 4 ripe pears
- 8 Lindt Lindor Chocolate Truffles
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 beaten egg
- Sparkling or coarse sugar
- Whipped Cream
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Cut each pear in half and use a melon baller to scoop out the deeds at the center. Place a chocolate truffle in the center hole of each pear.
- Roll the puff pastry out a bit, until smooth of lines. Turn each pear half over, with the chocolate truffle suspended, onto the puff pastry, so that the pear halves are cut-side down. Use a paring knife to cut the puff pastry around the edge of the pear, copying the shape of the pear half and leaving a 1/2-inch border of puff pastry.
- Carefully transfer the pears halves on their puff pastry bases to a lined baking sheet. Cut 3 or 4 deep horizontal lines into each pear half, being carefully not to cut all the way down and brush the pears with lemon juice. Sprinkle the tops of the pears with coarse sugar and brush the egg wash onto the exposed puff pastry surrounding the pears.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Serve with whipped cream.