PUMPKIN and CORN POLENTA
Rate This Recipe
Spoon this creamy, rich mixture onto a plate as the base for turkey or ham. Pour any leftover polenta into a shallow casserole dish and refrigerate until firm, then cut squares or triangles and sauté in a little olive oil for another perfect side dish!
- 6 cups whole milk
- 2 cups frozen or canned corn kernels
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- Chef Jamie's Original Seasoning Blend Spice Rub (available at www.hsn.com) or salt & pepper, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- Combine the milk, corn, pumpkin, garlic, nutmeg, Chef Jamie's Original Seasoning Blend Spice Rub and cayenne in a large saucepot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Gradually add the cornmeal, while whisking constantly, to avoid lumping. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese, butter, cream and honey. Adjust the seasonings. Be sure to season the polenta generously for optimal flavor. Keep warm until ready to serve. (If you are planning to hold the polenta before serving it, place a piece of plastic wrap or wax paper directly on the surface of the polenta to keep a crust from forming.)
- Garnish with the chopped chives just before serving.