RANCH STYLE BAKED BEANS
Rate This Recipe
These beans just can't be beat! Simple to prepare, with the perfect pungency and sweetness. No picnic or barbecue is complete without them!
- 1 pound bacon, diced
- 4 yellow onions, diced
- 1 green apple, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1 3/4 cups golden brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- 2 pounds cooked beef brisket meat, shredded
- 1 - 6 pound, 12 ounce can Ranch Style Beans (available at Smart & Final)
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a large heavy stockpot, cook the bacon over medium heat, stirring often until tender and rendered (do not crisp the bacon too much or it will be tough). Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside
- Add the onions to the bacon grease and sauté 5 minutes, stirring often. Add the diced apple and sauté 3 minutes more or until the onions and apple are tender. Add the bacon back to the pot and stir in the mustard, brown sugar, liquid smoke and shredded, cooked brisket. Add the canned beans and mix well. Season with pepper to taste.
- Cook the beans over medium/low heat for 45 minutes, stirring often to avoid scorching. Cool the beans and refrigerate overnight before serving for best flavor. Heat the beans over low heat until heated through before serving.