Rate This Recipe
A COMPOSED SUMMER SALAD of Vanilla Grilled Apricots, Creamy Burrata Cheese, Italian Prosciutto & Wild Arugula
- 1 pounds fresh, ripe apricots, halved and pitted
- 3 tablespoons golden balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Heilala Vanilla Paste (from New Zealand…or your favorite brand)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 ounces Bristol Farms Baby Wild Arugula
- 1/2 pound Burrata cheese, cut into 4 wedges
- 4 ounces thinly sliced Prosciutto
- Juice of 1/2 Melissa’s Meyer Lemon or seasonal lemon
- Preheat your BBQ or a grill pan on high heat. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the vinegar, vanilla paste and olive oil. Add the apricots and toss to coat. Grill the apricots, cut side down over high heat, until lightly charred, about 3 minutes.
- Arrange a large platter or plank with the grilled apricots. Place slices of the Prosciutto on the platter, to create an artistic design. Situate the wedges of burrata cheese between the Prosciutto and grilled apricots. Garnish the platter with the wild arugula leaves. Drizzle the platter with a squeeze of lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.