"Just For Dad" TERIYAKI SALMON with PINEAPPLE SALSA
Wishing all the food-loving Dads a very happy and delicious Father's Day. This recipe is simple and easy and wonderfully flavorful… Have the kids help make the homemade teriyaki sauce and the salsa!
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Mirin
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2/3 cup dark beer
- 4 salmon fillets (4 to 6 ounces each)
For the Salsa:
- 1 cup diced, fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Pinch of Salt
For the teriyaki marinade, combine the soy sauce, Mirin, vinegar, sugar, ginger and beer in a small saucepan. Cook over high heat until the mixture reduces by half. Let cool.
Marinate the salmon in the teriyaki marinade, cover and refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
For the Salsa, combine all of the ingredients in a small mixing bowl. (This can be done in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.)
Preheat the grill or broiler to high. Grill or broil the salmon until just cooked through, about 4 to 6 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the fish.
Serve a few spoonfuls of salsa on top of each salmon filet.